Brisbane, April 3, 2019
Join us for a unique event focused on growing the sustainable seafood sector
See the leaders of 25+ investment-ready businesses present innovations for the sustainable seafood sector onstage.
Hear from and meet investors and industry experts who are creating cutting edge strategies, scaling commercial-ready innovations and building trade opportunities that are creating positive change and growth for the seafood industry.
The day will include plenty of time to meet the entrepreneurs, share your experiences and opinions with like-minded investors and industry experts, and network with potential partners for future activities in the sustainable seafood arena. A hosted networking session will follow the day's discussions.
This exclusive gathering gives you an unparalleled opportunity to:
- Gain early access to investment-ready businesses in the seafood sector
- Meet fellow investors
- Learn about impact investing in fisheries, aquaculture, and seafood
- Meet experts in fishing and aquaculture who can help with due diligence
- Discuss barriers to and opportunities for growth in sustainable seafood
- Dan Fitzgerald, Pacific BioTechnologies, Small Giants
- Jana Hennig, Director, Positively Groundfish
- Patrick Hone, Managing Director, FRDC
- Monica Jain, Founder, Fish 2.0
- Anne Maree Weston, Austrade
- Pia Winberg, Director, Venus Shell Systems
- Serena Zipf, Director, Rocky Point Aquaculture
Cost: $100. (No charge for workshop participants. Discount available with seafood dinner tickets.)
WORKSHOP FOR SEAFOOD BUSINESSES - April 2, All day
This workshop is for growing seafood businesses from Australia and the Pacific Islands. All participants will learn about investment strategy, communicating value to partners, and effective pitching techniques.
- All workshop participants will be invited to attend and pitch at the Regional Forum.
- There is no charge for the workshop or forum for business participants.
- Tickets for the seafood dinner will be available at a discount.
SPECIAL SEAFOOD DINNER - April 2, 6pm - 9pm
We will taste and celebrate the exquisite regional seafood and wines of Queensland producers and be introduced to the flavors of some of the lesser-used or under-utilized seafood of Australia.
You will be able to meet each seafood supplier and producer.
Jake Nicolson of Blackbird
one of Brisbane’s top chefs.
Click here for more event details.
The Australia and Pacific Islands tracks are made possible thanks to the support of: