Global Tuna Track
Join Fish 2.0 if you are a tuna-related innovator interested in gaining recognition, winning cash prizes, and growing your venture by meeting investors and new business partners. Seafood ventures from any country may participate.
- Seafood ventures from any country may participate.
- There is no cost to participate.
- ELIGIBILITY (Click for details)
The Fish 2.0 Global Tuna track is for companies whose products, technologies and/or services will advance the wild capture tuna fisheries sector and/or its management, or result in improvements in any of the following:
- At-sea and/or dock-side monitoring and detection - reducing tuna-related IUU fishing
- Tuna fishing and trade data collection and sharing in support of better fisheries management.
- Increase the value of and/or market access for wild capture tuna landings (to allow higher value, sustainable products to enter the supply chains from producing countries and be efficiently linked to markets that value those products).
- At-sea reduction in plastics use associated with tuna fishing.
- Increase yields of tuna at the point of capture or in supply chains, including by-catch and other waste reduction during processing or shipping.
- Reduce by-catch in tuna fisheries (e.g., seabirds, marine mammals, non-target tuna or seafood species).
- Increase the number of nationals working in the tuna industry in countries where tuna is sustainably sourced - in processing, management and/or harvest.
- Increase the economic and food security contributions of tuna catches to nations where harvesting takes place - without increasing fishing effort or the volume of tuna caught.
Online "Readiness Assessment"
We welcome all seafood ventures that are eligible for this track to apply now to get qualified.
The Global Tuna track is made possible thanks to the support of: