U.S. West Coast and Alaska Track
This West Coast track offers a range of opportunities and support for West Coast and Alaskan seafood businesses who wish to seek investment, make trade contacts and connect with Fish 2.0's global network of sustainable seafood businesses and investors.
Who can participate in the West Coast Track?
For the West Coast track, the eligibility is:
- All West Coast states (CA, WA, OR and AK) are eligible in this track.
- Any business involved in seafood production, trade and/or supply chains.
- Any business involved in providing services for fisheries management.
All start-up, early stage or established businesses can participate.
There is no cost to participate in Fish 2.0 or its workshops.
What will I get out of participating in Fish 2.0?
Fish 2.0 will help you to get your business ready for investors, and to meet investors who are interested in your business in your region.
- Each enterprise will have its materials reviewed by 1-4 investors during the competition.
- You will be offered opportunities to work with investors who can advise you on how best to build your business idea and succeed in the competition and in gaining investment.
- Fish 2.0 receives significant media coverage in the seafood press and the popular press globally. See the News on the Fish 2.0 website.
What are my chances of winning?
- Fish 2.0 has a specific track just for West Coast Businesses. You will work with the same materials, process and feedback as all global businesses, but compete against the companies within your track to gain a spot at the Global Finals
- All judging is done by investors, using standard criteria for viable businesses
- Fish 2.0 offers a cash prize to the leading West Coast enterprise
- Fish 2.0 will recognize the top three ventures in this track and invite them to pitch to investors at the competition finals in California