Transparency & Traceability Track
This global Transparency & Traceability track offers a range of opportunities and support for any business focused on increasing transparency and traceability in seafood supply chains and who wishes to seek investment, make trade contacts and connect with Fish 2.0's global network sustainable seafood businesses and investors. Businesses from anywhere in the world may apply.
Who can participate in the Transparency & Traceability Track?
Participating ventures in this track must be:
- Focused on increasing transparency and/or traceability in seafood supply chains.
- Technology based ventures are welcome but non-technology solutions are also eligible.
- All businesses including start-up, early stage or established businesses can participate.
There is no cost to participate in Fish 2.0.
What will I get out of participating in Fish 2.0?
Fish 2.0 will help you to get your business ready for investors, and to meet investors who are interested in your business in your region.
- Each enterprise will have its materials reviewed by 1-4 investors during the competition.
- You will be offered opportunities to work with investors who can advise you on how best to build your business idea and succeed in the competition and in gaining investment.
- Fish 2.0 receives significant media coverage in the seafood press and the popular press globally. See the News on the Fish 2.0 website.
- There is no site-specific workshop for this track, but webinars will be held throughout the competition to support participating ventures. These webinars are optional to attend, but provide value to the ventures.
What are my chances of winning?
- Fish 2.0 has a specific track just for Transparency & Traceability focused businesses. You will work with the same materials, process and feedback as all global businesses, but compete against the companies within your track to gain a spot at the Global Finals.
- All judging is done by investors, using standard criteria for viable businesses.
- Fish 2.0 offers a cash prize to the leading Transparency & Traceability enterprise.
- Fish 2.0 guarantees up to five invitations and travel funds to attend and present your venture at the competition finals in California to the leading Transparency & Traceability enterprises.
Transparency & Traceability Track Resources
Improving Transparency in Seafood Supply Chains
Fish 2.0 Investor Insights 2017. This resource focuses on areas of opportunity for investing in new platforms that improve transparency & traceability in seafood supply chains. This one-page report also highlights the connection between profitability and transparency in seafood businesses, and how greater transparency will require interventions at all stages of the supply chain.
Advancing Traceability in the Seafood Industry
Fishwise, Jan 2017. The report summarizes the seafood traceability landscape, including current challenges, a discussion of international and regional governance, and steps that seafood businesses can take to improve the traceability of seafood within their supply chains.
Social Responsibility in the Global Seafood Industry
Fishwise, Dec 2016. The report identifies a range of important conventions, pieces of national-level legislation, initiatives, and key players that are working to improve industry practices
Fish 2.0 Market Report: Traceability
Fish 2.0, 2015. The Fish 2.0 Market Report on Traceability explores the role traceability plays in the sustainable seafood sector and provides detailed information on opportunities pertinent to investors.