Fish 2.0 Prizes and Awards
In 2017, Fish 2.0 will offer over $50,000 in cash prizes as well as a number of ICX - "Industry Connection " awards at the Competition Finals.
Fish 2.0 Finalists and Runners-up from each track will meet and pitch their businesses to dozens of interested investors at the Fish 2.0 finals in November 2017.
In addition to this invaluable opportunity, and the business improvement support received by all during the competition, Fish 2.0 offers competitors a chance to win the following:
- Cash Prizes
- $50,000 in cash prizes, awarded by investor judges during the finals Cash prizes will be allocated in several categories and across all tracks.
- ICX Prizes
- ICX Prizes are unique opportunities offered by industry leaders which allow recipients to gain invaluable knowledge, connections, and insights into new markets, investor forums, and technologies. These prizes are awarded upon mutual agreement by the Fish 2.0 advisory panel and the prize giver to finalists and runners up in the competition. They are intended to build new partnerships with leaders in the industry and to accelerate each prize winner’s growth and success in the seafood marketplace.
- Travel Awards
- Travel support covering airfare & lodging is offered to Finalists and Runners up on a need basis.
The ICX "Industry Connection" Prizes For 2017
- Unique access and connection opportunities intended to allow recipients to gain invaluable knowledge, connections, and insights into new markets, investor forums, technologies and training programs, accelerating each prize winner’s growth and success in the seafood marketplace.
- Awarded upon mutual agreement by the Fish 2.0 advisory panel and the prize-giver to finalists and runners-up in the competition per the specific criteria for each prize.
- Travel costs for all ICX prizes are the responsibility of the winner unless otherwise specified.
A Full day of expert consultation with Albion Farms and Fisheries Senior Leadership Team and CSO, including advice, insight and information on opening new market opportunities and business growth strategies at their headquarters in Richmond, BC.
A one day consultation with the Australis leadership team on how to introduce new products to market and/or scaling an aquaculture enterprise. The day will include a meeting with Founder and CEO Josh Goldman to review business strategy, a tour of the farm, and meetings with members of the Sales and Marketing Team.
2 day consultation with specialists from TomAlgae to offer advice and expertise to a growing oyster aquaculture venture that will help them to normalize their algae supply in the hatchery and nursery stage as they scale production.
Multiple new ICX prizes are currently under negotiation with industry leaders