New England Track
The New England track offers a range of opportunities and support for regional seafood businesses who wish to seek investment, make trade contacts and connect with Fish 2.0's global network of sustainable seafood businesses and investors.
Who can participate in the New England Track?
Companies from around the world compete in Fish 2.0. For the New England track, the company must be:
- Based in New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island)
The company must be focused on one of the following:
- Wild Capture fisheries businesses (anywhere in the supply chain).
- Seafood Supply-Chain businesses (for either aquaculture or wild capture).
- Supply Chain Innovation: businesses that are changing or creating new supply chains that favor sustainable or local seafood systems.
- Traceability and Transparency Innovation: businesses that are improving the traceability of seafood or transparency in fisheries management, supply chains, sales or consumer markets. Both technology and non-technology solutions are welcome.
- New sources of fish feed for aquaculture that remove pressure on ocean systems.
- Aquaculture production is not eligible under this track, but supply chain and traceability ventures may include farmed seafood products.
All businesses including start-up, early stage or established businesses can participate.
There is no cost to participate in Fish 2.0 or its workshops.
What will I get out of participating in Fish 2.0?
Fish 2.0 will help you to get your business ready for investors, and to meet investors who are interested in your business in your region.
- Each enterprise will have its materials reviewed by 1-4 investors during the competition.
- You will be offered opportunities to work with investors who can advise you on how best to build your business idea and succeed in the competition and in gaining investment.
- Fish 2.0 receives significant media coverage in the seafood press and the popular press globally. See the News on the Fish 2.0 website.
What are my chances of winning?
- Fish 2.0 has a specific track just for New England Businesses. You will work with the same materials, process, and feedback as all global businesses, but compete against the companies within your track to gain a spot at the Global Finals
- All judging is done by investors, using standard criteria for viable businesses.
- Fish 2.0 offers a cash prize to the leading New England enterprise.
- Fish 2.0 will recognize the top three ventures in this track and invite them to pitch to investors at the competition finals in California.