Opportunities for Investors and Industry Experts
The increasing demand for sustainable seafood is creating new market opportunities in fishing and aquaculture. The global market is currently worth $400 billion, and 25 of the top retail chains in North America have made commitments to source sustainable seafood. Entrepreneurs with new ideas are starting, growing, and scaling businesses quickly. And even small and medium-sized investors are finding ways to support the growth of ventures that are improving efficiency, creating new technologies, and expanding sustainability throughout seafood supply chains.
Fish 2.0 connects you with innovators in the growing seafood sector
By joining the Fish 2.0 community, investors gain early access to a range of quality investment opportunities, connecting with entrepreneurs, sector experts, and other interested investors in this burgeoning field. Industry experts and impact-focused professionals can learn about the latest market trends and challenges while contributing their own expertise to the Fish 2.0 network.
Choose a role, depending on your expertise and interest
Participate as an online judge:
Investors who serve as online judges for Fish 2.0 will learn firsthand about innovations, trends, and opportunities in the sustainable seafood sector. The more businesses you judge, the more you can learn about the sector, the more investment opportunities you can see early on, and the more you can contribute to the sector’s growth. The entire process is fun and does not take much time.
- Fish 2.0 has two phases that require online judges.
- Minimum time commitment is 2 hours, over a 10-day period. Two hours allows you to judge 4 businesses.
- You can do the work online using your own computer — no travel or tutorials necessary.
- Your feedback is provided anonymously to competitors and grouped with feedback from other investors. You’ll be able to read feedback from the other judges in Phase 3 of Fish 2.0.
The deadline to sign up as an Online Judge for the 2017 Fish 2.0 Competition has passed.
Participate (virtually) as either a business advisor or impact advisor:
Serving as an advisor for Fish 2.0 is a great way to learn about businesses in the seafood sector while sharing your expertise. Advising is done virtually, and the time commitment is minimal. Previous advisors have found Fish 2.0 to be highly rewarding and fun, and they’ve made long-lasting connections (we have their testimonials!). This year’s system allows advisors to post a short description of their expertise and interests, and competitors select their advisor preferences, thereby ensuring that advisors are paired with ventures that value their input and feedback.
The deadline to sign up as an Advisor for the 2017 Fish 2.0 Competition has passed.
The value of joining the Fish 2.0 network
Becoming part of Fish 2.0 allows investors and industry experts to build deep connections with other leaders in this field.
- Connect both virtually and in person with other investors who share an interest in fisheries and aquaculture investments.
- Meet experts who can help with due diligence for your seafood industry investments.
- Structure deals and explore how foundations and investors can work together on an ongoing basis.
- All active advisors and online judges will have priority admission to the invitation-only Fish 2.0 finals, held at Stanford University, November 7–8, 2017. You’ll be able to meet the top 40 competitor businesses in person, hear their pitches, and network with a range of investors and experts who share your interests.
- The #1 benefit reported by previous advisors is that they had a lot of fun while developing strong, long-term relationships.
We’ll work with you to make it work for you! If you’re unhappy with any business that you’re paired with, we’ll solve it together.