Chile & Peru Track
This Chile & Peru track offers a range of opportunities and support for regional seafood businesses who wish to seek investment, make trade contacts and connect with Fish 2.0's global network of sustainable seafood businesses and investors.
Who can participate in the Chile & Peru Track?
Companies from around the world compete in Fish 2.0. For the Chile & Peru track, the eligibility is:
- All Chile & Peru wild-capture related seafood ventures are eligible in this track.
- Any business involved in capture, trade or supply chain of wild seafood.
- Any business involved in providing services for fisheries management, transparency, traceability or supply chain innovation.
- New sources of fish feed and innovations that reduce waste are also eligible.
All businesses including start-up, early stage or established businesses can participate.
There is no cost to participate in Fish 2.0 or the workshop. Travel support is available for participants,
What will I get out of participating in Fish 2.0?
Fish 2.0 will help you to get your business ready for investors, and to meet investors who are interested in your business in your region.
- Each enterprise will have its materials reviewed by 1-4 investors during the competition.
- You will be offered opportunities to work with investors who can advise you on how best to build your business idea and succeed in the competition and in gaining investment.
- Fish 2.0 receives significant media coverage in the seafood press and the popular press globally. See the News on the Fish 2.0 website.
Read more about Fish 2.0 in a one-page overview:
What are my chances of winning?
- Fish 2.0 has a specific track just for Chile & Peru Businesses. You will work with the same materials, process and feedback as all global businesses, but compete against the companies within your track to gain a spot at the Global Finals.
- All judging is done by investors, using standard criteria for viable businesses.
- Fish 2.0 offers a cash prize to the leading Chile & Peru enterprise.
- Fish 2.0 will recognize the top three ventures in this track and invite them to pitch to investors at the competition finals in California.