Pacific Islands Track
This Pacific Islands track offers a range of opportunities and support for Pacific Island seafood businesses who wish to seek investment, make trade contacts and connect with Fish 2.0, the premier global network that connects sustainable seafood business with investors.
Who can participate in the Pacific Islands Track?
Companies from around the world compete in Fish 2.0. For the Pacific Islands track, the eligibility is:
- All Pacific Island countries are eligible in this track.
- Any business involved in seafood production, trade and/or supply chains
- Any business involved in providing services for fisheries management.
- Any business involved in aquaculture or mariculture, including corals, giant clams, seaweed or other products
- Business at ALL stages can participate – from startups to businesses in growth stages. The competition scoring system allows all to win, regardless of how well established your business is.
What will I get out of participating in Fish 2.0?
Fish 2.0 will help you to get your business ready for investors, and to meet investors who are interested in your business in your region
- Each enterprise will have its materials reviewed by 1-4 investors during the competition.
- You will be offered opportunities to work with investors who can advise you on how best to build your business idea and succeed in the competition and in gaining investment.
- Fish 2.0 receives significant media coverage in the seafood press and the popular press globally. Participating enterprises will be regularly featured in the press, helping them to gain customers, brand recognition and investor interest. See the Pacific Islands news on the fish 2.0 website.
What are my chances of winning?
- Fish 2.0 has a specific track just for Pacific Island Businesses. You will work with the same materials, process and feedback as all global businesses, but compete against the companies within your track to gain a spot at the Global Finals.
- All judging is done by investors, using standard criteria for viable businesses.
- Fish 2.0 offers a cash prize to the leading Pacific Island enterprise.
- Fish 2.0 will recognize the top three ventures in this track and invite them to pitch to investors at the competition finals in California.